*Not an exhaustive or all-inclusive list. If you get through these or need more specificity, contact me through the contact page.
- Bennis, Warren G. On Becoming a Leader. Revised and Updated ed. New York: Basic Books, 2009.
- Collins, James C. Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap--and Others Don’t. 1st ed. New York, NY: HarperBusiness, 2001.
- Covey, Stephen M. R., and Rebecca R. Merrill. The Speed of Trust: The One Thing That Changes Everything. New York: Free Press, 2008.
- Kotter, John P. Leading Change. Boston,: Harvard Business Review Press, 2012.
- Kouzes, James M., and Barry Z. Posner. The Leadership Challenge: How to Make Extraordinary Things Happen in Organizations. 6th ed. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, 2017.
- Lencioni, Patrick. The Advantage: Why Organizational Health Trumps Everything Else in Business. 1st ed. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2012.
- Maxwell, John C. The 5 Levels of Leadership: Proven Steps to Maximize Your Potential. New York: Center Street, 2013.
- Maxwell, John C. The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You. Nashville: Nelson, 1998.
- Blanchard, Kenneth H., and Renee Broadwell, eds. Servant Leadership in Action: How You Can Achieve Great Relationships and Results. Oakland, CA: Berrett-Koehler, 2018.
- Blanchard, Kenneth H, and Phil Hodges. Lead Like Jesus: Lessons for Everyone from the Greatest Leadership Role Model of All Time. Nashville: Nelson, 2008.
- Bredfeldt, Gary J. Great Leader Great Teacher: Recovering the Biblical Vision for Leadership. Chicago: Moody Press, 2006.
- Dockery, David S., ed. Christian Leadership Essentials: A Handbook for Managing Christian Organizations. Nashville: B&H Academic, 2011.
- Ledbetter, Bernice M., Robert Banks, and David C. Greenhalgh. Reviewing Leadership: A Christian Evaluation of Current Approaches. 2nd ed. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2016.
- Malphurs, Aubrey. Being Leaders: The Nature of Authentic Christian Leadership. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2003.
- Hartwig, Ryan T., and Warren Bird. Teams That Thrive: Five Disciplines of Collaborative Church Leadership. Downers Grove, Illinois: IVP Books, 2015.
- Katzenbach, Jon R., and Douglas K. Smith. The Wisdom of Teams: Creating the High-Performance Organization. New York: HarperBusiness Essentials, 2003.
- Lencioni, Patrick. The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable. 1st ed. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2002.
- MacMillan, Pat. The Performance Factor: Unlocking the Secrets of Teamwork. Nashville: B&H, 2001.
- Davis, Charles A. Making Disciples across Cultures: Missional Principles for a Diverse World. Downers Grove, IL: IVP, 2015.
- Livermore, David A. Leading with Cultural Intelligence: The Real Secret to Success. Second edition. New York: American Management Association, 2015.
- McConnell, Douglas. Cultural Insights for Christian Leaders: New Directions for Organizations Serving God’s Mission. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2018.
- Plueddemann, Jim. Leading Across Cultures: Effective Ministry and Mission in the Global Church. Downers Grove, IL: IVP Academic, 2009.
- Hall, Edward T. Beyond Culture. New York: Anchor Books, 1989.
- Hofstede, Geert H., Gert Jan Hofstede, and Michael Minkov. Cultures and Organizations: Software of the Mind: Intercultural Cooperation and Its Importance for Survival. 3rd ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2010.
- Meyer, Erin. The Culture Map: Breaking through the Invisible Boundaries of Global Business. New York: PublicAffairs, 2014.
- Storti, Craig. Art of Crossing Cultures. 2nd ed. Yarmouth, MA: Intercultural, 2001.
- Elmore, Tim. Mentoring: How to Invest Your Life in Others. Atlanta: EQUIP, 1998.
- Geiger, Eric, and Kevin Peck. Designed to Lead: The Church and Leadership Development. Nashville: B & H, 2016.
- Lawless, Charles E. Mentor: How along-the-Way Discipleship Will Change Your Life. Nashville: LifeWay, 2011.
- Marshall, Colin, and Tony Payne. The Trellis and the Vine: The Ministry Mind-Shift That Changes Everything. Kingsford, NSW: Mathias Media, 2009.
- Maxwell, John C. Mentoring 101: What Every Leader Needs to Know. Nashville: Nelson, 2008.
Conflict & Communication
- Patterson, Kerry, Joseph Grenny, Ron McMillan, and Al Switzler. Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High. 2nd ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2012.
- Runde, Craig E., and Tim A. Flanagan. Building Conflict Competent Teams. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2008.
- Weber, Craig. Conversational Capacity: The Secret to Building Successful Teams That Perform When the Pressure Is On. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2013.